Craftsman 917.xxxxxx 2001 model hydrostatic transmission. Does fluid need replacing

kargo27

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman 917.xxxxxx 2001 model hydrostatic transmission. Does fluid need replacing
Hello all, first time post and new to the forum.

My father in law gave me his lawn tractor with a 20 h.p. Kohler engine. It's a 2001 model, 46" with the hydrostatic transmission and a spin on transmission filter. Are these truly "lifetime" fluids because I don't know of any fluid that is lifetime.

I'd love to change it and put a new filter on there but the manual says nothing about servicing it and what fluid to use and how much. I can find the filter though.

I'm at work and don't have the manual with me or else I'd post the rest of the model number.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Karl

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Craftsman 917.xxxxxx 2001 model hydrostatic transmission. Does fluid need replacing
Hello all, first time post and new to the forum.

My father in law gave me his lawn tractor with a 20 h.p. Kohler engine. It's a 2001 model, 46" with the hydrostatic transmission and a spin on transmission filter. Are these truly "lifetime" fluids because I don't know of any fluid that is lifetime.

I'd love to change it and put a new filter on there but the manual says nothing about servicing it and what fluid to use and how much. I can find the filter though.

I'm at work and don't have the manual with me or else I'd post the rest of the model number.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Karl

:welcome:
See answer in the other thread https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=327817