Buying Advice Promo woes and which tractor, anyway?

Rigbyfab4

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys,

Would appreciate any advice you can offer. Looking for a new JD lawn tractor. Considering S240 w/42” edge deck or X350 w/42” Accel Deep deck. Leaning toward the X350, but would like to hear opinions about both too. I will be mostly mowing and occasionally towing, but not blowing snow. About 1ac to mow with about 1/2 flat and 1/2 gentle slopes.

The other big question is...when to buy?

Current promotion is $200 off the X350.
I know 5/1 there is a free 10p cart promo, which would be nice, but the cash off is actually more important to me.

One local dealer said they thought the cash off would actually increase on 5/1, while two other dealers thought the cart promo would replace the cash off.

Does anyone here know the pattern from years’ past or have any other info that could tell me whether to buy now or wait for May? Thanks a lot!

cruzenmike

Threads
The current promotoin on the X350 is $300 off and ends on 4/30; it WILL NOT get any better than this. When the promotion ends you may qualify for a free cart, which I have only really seen on the D and E series, but the $300 off will go away. As for the machines that you are looking at, you just need to justify to yourself if the added cost of the X350 is worth having a superior deck design, an electronic instrument panel, a more robust frame, a better warranty and of course a better looking machine.

Rigbyfab4

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks a lot Mike! Could I trouble you to shoot me a link where you’re seeing the $300 off? That would make a difference for sure! I have heard in the past they’ve gone up to $500 off, but sounds like that is not in the cards this spring.

Thanks again!

Rigbyfab4

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's great news! I think through 4/1 it was only $200, but I'll be trilled to take the $300 now. Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbsup: