Poulan PRO 22 hp 48 Belt problems

Freedom

Threads
I have a Poulan Pro 22hp VA 48 with less than 100 hours, 2 years.

I have changed the belt 2 months ago, and now is weathered. Is not a normal wear.

In these 2 years, a couple of times, I have problems hitting stones, wire or small trunks and I broke the spindle (twice)

Could be this the reason that now the belt is so worn? Perhaps the spindles and deck are not leveled?

thanks

F

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Could be, most likely a cheap belt... are you using a OE belt or other brand?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a Poulan Pro 22hp VA 48 with less than 100 hours, 2 years.

I have changed the belt 2 months ago, and now is weathered. Is not a normal wear.

In these 2 years, a couple of times, I have problems hitting stones, wire or small trunks and I broke the spindle (twice)

Could be this the reason that now the belt is so worn? Perhaps the spindles and deck are not leveled?

thanks

F

Husqvarna , Briggs & Toro all have belt failure guides so you can determine why you belt is failing.
Weathered is not a wear desription ( can be a language problem ) but those guides all have photos which are universal language.

Freedom

Threads
thanks for your answer,

* Is not an OE belt, I bought it Via amazon.
* English is not my mother tongue, so perhaps is not weathered the best word to describe it.
* I will look for this belt failure guides. Good idea.
* next week I will send you some photos of the belt.

F

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That would be good.
The first assumption was English would, not be your mother tounge.
I have some guides I can email to you if you can not find them on line.
What is important is remembering which direction the belt was turning and which side was up.
This is important if you belt show missaligned pulley year because you then know if you are looking for a higher or lower pulley.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
From what found with searching Poulan PRO 22 hp 48"
Your OEM belt number should be PP13007, but im not 100% sure.

Freedom

Threads
Thanks for all your tips,
one additional question,
I have 3 blades, when I compare the level of blade A and B, they are ok

But blade C has a tiny problem :

I compare the level of blade C with blade B and Blade C is too high, I turn blade C 180 degrees (half a turn) and now is too low.

Blades are brand new, no use at all

I suppose the problem is not on the deck (because when I turn the blade 180 degrees the level changes from high to low) but on the Spindel/ shaft

any ideas?
thanks!
F

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for all your tips,
one additional question,
I have 3 blades, when I compare the level of blade A and B, they are ok

But blade C has a tiny problem :

I compare the level of blade C with blade B and Blade C is too high, I turn blade C 180 degrees (half a turn) and now is too low.

Blades are brand new, no use at all

I suppose the problem is not on the deck (because when I turn the blade 180 degrees the level changes from high to low) but on the Spindel/ shaft

any ideas?
thanks!
F

put a strait edge on top of the pulleys spanning between 2 pulleys.
It should touch each side of both pulleys .
Check each way between each pulley.

If one pulley only touches on one side then the housing is broken or the deck is bent.
Carefully check where the pulleys bolt onto the deck.
When you smack into a tree root or rock the spindle housings where the bolts are on legs often break.
These are hard to see untill there is a load on the pulley when the crack opens up, tilting the pulley and eating the belt.

Freedom

Threads
That would be good.
The first assumption was English would, not be your mother tounge.
I have some guides I can email to you if you can not find them on line.
What is important is remembering which direction the belt was turning and which side was up.
This is important if you belt show missaligned pulley year because you then know if you are looking for a higher or lower pulley.
Thanks Bertsmobile for this answer! and sorry I answer so lately!! do you have this belt guides from Toro and other companies?. would be great to have it. I have broken another belt

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks Bertsmobile for this answer! and sorry I answer so lately!! do you have this belt guides from Toro and other companies?. would be great to have it. I have broken another belt
Pop an email to me, the address is my forum name minus the number then
@tpg.com.au so I can send them to you as they are too big to send vial the forum