HRX217K5VKAA crankshaft bolt torque settings?

ffxjack

Forum Newbie
Threads
Decided to take off blades to get them sharpened this time to try and save some money. I started unscrewing middle crankshaft bolt instead of 2 blade bolts before realizing that wasn't necessary at all (and just wrong). I've bought a torque wrench to reinstall blade bolts once I get blades back to get to recommended 36-43 ft-lb. However, I can't find proper spec for middle crank bolt anywhere.

Any thoughts?
What happens if you over tighten either blade bolts or crank bolt anyways?

Thanks for any and all help.

adams

Threads
I see no one has had the info for you. While online looking for my own answers(as I have not gotten any replies either) I found one person who had the same question but on a different model and for him it was the same as for the blade install. I ordered a factory service manual for my HRX217HXA which I think is similar to yours and it is suppose to be here tomorrow and can tell you what it says for that torque spec if you still need it.

cruzenmike

Threads
Decided to take off blades to get them sharpened this time to try and save some money. I started unscrewing middle crankshaft bolt instead of 2 blade bolts before realizing that wasn't necessary at all (and just wrong). I've bought a torque wrench to reinstall blade bolts once I get blades back to get to recommended 36-43 ft-lb. However, I can't find proper spec for middle crank bolt anywhere.

Any thoughts?
What happens if you over tighten either blade bolts or crank bolt anyways?

Thanks for any and all help.

Only a "service manual" is going to tell you this information since this is not something that Honda would want the typical consumer doing. As for how tight you can go, I would figure that you would likely need to go 10-15 ft/lbs more than the blade bolts. Or you could just use a cordless impact wrench and just let it go as tight as it can and it will likely not strip or be so tight that you could not get it off. Assuming that you started removing the center bolt without using a breaker bar, would mean that it was not that tight to begin with.

adams

Threads
Ok the shop repair manual arrived. Here are the torque pages where they indicate 36 - 43 FT LBS for that bolt.

IMG_20190407_134947859.jpg

IMG_20190407_135013172.jpg

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
my Honda Shop Manual says 40 ft. lbs. for crankshaft bolt & blade bolts