Simplicity 4040 Classic Garden/Estate Tractor - 600 obo

tinwhisker

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Simplicity 4040 Classic Garden/Estate Tractor - 600 obo
I have a Simplicity 4040 that I bought about a couple years ago, I have always wanted one. My plan at the time was to spend the winter doing a complete restore on it but didn't get around to it. It looks complete and shows 470 hours on the meter. I doubt its running as it appears to have been left in the weather unused for a while. Its been in my garage since I bought it and I have not touched it or attempted to start it. Lots of surface rust but very solid -- IMO it looks good and will make a really nice machine for someone wanting to restore/fix it up.

I took extensive pictures and they will tell a much more complete story. It has the 3-point hitch and I also have the deck (complete, but working condition unknown), box scraper, and front blade. I don't have pics of the implements to post but will take some in the next couple days.

These things are really cool and are very capable with all the features of full-size tractors in a compact size and seem to be really desirable in the collector/restoration community. I think it'd be an easy project for another small tractor enthusiast.

I am located in Columbus, GA. These things are built like tanks and surprisingly heavy so a dual-axle trailer would be preferred if you have to go any distance. Cash or possible trade for something interesting...

IMG_0146.jpg
IMG_0127.jpgIMG_0130.jpgIMG_0144.jpgIMG_0145.jpgIMG_0149.jpgIMG_0150.jpgIMG_0159.jpgIMG_0160.jpg

tinwhisker

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Simplicity 4040 Classic Garden/Estate Tractor - 600 obo
***Price Drop $500 obo