Repairs Rebuild the spindle assembly?

aetarrell

Threads
My 2014 Timemaster (Model 20199, S/N 314000x) needs some TLC. After tearing it down, I found the spindle shaft and one of the bearings inside the spindle itself are toast. The shaft is easy, but it seems silly to toss the spindle assy and spend $50 on a new one over a bad bearing. Are those bearings available anywhere, or should I just go with a new assembly? (I have the old one apart - have two bearings (one bad), two "tubes" (spacers?), and the housing itself. Seems like it would be pretty simple to put it back together with good bearings, but not sure where to find those. Thanks in advance for any help!

aetarrell

Threads
I was reading similar posts, and someone posted 6305 2RS as the most common replacement bearing. Any confirmation that's the right one?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bearings are available everywhere. Usually they have the brand and part number on them.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Deleted because I did not read the question properly

Last edited:

cruzenmike

Threads
My Exmark with aftermarket Oregon spindles started to go bad. I noticed one day when I had the belt off of the deck and spinning the pulleys/blades I noticed that one of them was spinning much harder and slower than the others and another was making a bit of noise. I did a bit of research and came to find that the bearings are simple replacements by Oregon for about $6 a piece; so I did all three. Of course I had a heck of a time getting the old bearing out without a press, but once I got them out and cleaned up the spindles the rebuilt went flawlessly. As for the Timemaster, it might be worth replacing both spindles right now and rebuilt your others to have a set to swap out the next time they are needed; assuming you have the problem again.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Back in post 4 I misread the question so my answer is for the Z master / Time Cutter ZTR's and not the Time Masters self propelled walk behind
The correct bearing for Z Master's spindle is a 6205
The mistakes have been corrected

aetarrell

Threads
Thanks to all for the suggestions. I got them out today and was able to read 6203 RS on one of them, so that's what I'll go with.