Can anyone identify this MTD tractor/deck part?

ttimtucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I am trying to get my friends MTD Yardman tractor (13AT604G401) in shape for the season. When I remove the deck (in order to remove the blades for sharpening) I found a rubber part lying on top of the deck. See attached photo.

I was not able to find any part on the MTD website that matches it. Might be some sort of vibration damper? The bottom (narrow end) of the part is torn nearly all the way through.

After sharpening blades and reattaching the deck, the tractor seems to run fine, but I'm worried that I can't identify this part.

Anybody know what this is?mtd-part.jpg

Thanks for any advice.

helomech

Threads
My guess would be a battery hold down, but I have no experience with this mower.

cruzenmike

Threads
This does appear to be the battery strap. There is usually a metal piece on the one end. The metal piece slots over a bend in the frame where the battery sits. The part number for this strap is 723-0444.

ttimtucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow, you guys are good! Now that I know what the part is, I google and see similar parts. I now see how the strap attached, and understand that when it came undone, it dropped down through the frame and came to rest on the deck, which is where I discovered it. Thanks very much!