FXT00V-BS00-S fuel delivery

amolrelekar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi.

New to this forum. I have just finished putting together my kawasaki 37hp fxt00v engine on a zero turn bob cat 61" mower.

The carb is 15004 7037

It had broken connecting rod and had put a hole in the crank case. Replaced the crank case from ebay.

It fires up right away when I add gas to the carb but then dies. I have made sure the carb is clean and all the seals are seated correctly. All gaskets are new.

I have 120psi compression on both cylinders and all the valves are set to the right gap. The fuel pump works fine and the plunger on the carb works too.

I am not able to determine why the engine does not keep running once the gas that I put in the carb is gone. For some reason it is not getting the fuel from the carb.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Amol

Luffydog

Threads
Can you hear or feel the fuel shut off valve working or have power to it. Also did you shut the gas valve off to the tank. If you have a small empty gas tank to where you can hook it up to the carb with line to narrow down the issue. If it runs fuel shut off is good and if not you know your problem is from there back.

amolrelekar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you hear or feel the fuel shut off valve working or have power to it. Also did you shut the gas valve off to the tank. If you have a small empty gas tank to where you can hook it up to the carb with line to narrow down the issue. If it runs fuel shut off is good and if not you know your problem is from there back.

Thanks Luffydog for the reply.

Yes, the fuel shut off valve is open and I can see the gas in the fuel filter. Also when I crank the engine for a little while I know the fuel pump is working as the carb is full with gas. This I can confirm by opening the carb drain screw.

I tested the fuel shut off valve on the carb and the plunger pulls in when it gets power. I have made sure that there is gas in the carb and all the holes in the carb are super clean. All the gaskets are new and properly installed.

The thing I dont understand is why the gas is not been pulled from the carb to keep the engine running.

Thanks,
Amol

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only two reasons.
1) fuel shut off solenoid is nor not working.
Many of them are polarity sensitive, but the plug can go in both ways around.
You should be able to hear & feel it opening.
2 Valves are out of time / not opening.

As your engine runs when fuel is poured down the carb throat , it suggests the first.

amolrelekar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Only two reasons.
1) fuel shut off solenoid is nor not working.
Many of them are polarity sensitive, but the plug can go in both ways around.
You should be able to hear & feel it opening.
2 Valves are out of time / not opening.

As your engine runs when fuel is poured down the carb throat , it suggests the first.

I have checked 1 and 2 multiple times. Fuel shut off valves opens and closes as it should.

I put in a new wood-ruff key and the timing is good. The engine sounds very good when it runs when the fuel is poured in the carb.

Thats why its so hard for me to figure out why it wont keep running after the poured fuel is used up.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pull the carb off but leave the fuel line on.
Turn it sideways and blow a stream of air over the venturi.
You should see & feel the fuel / air coming out the other end.

your carb is a strait venturi device.
So if fuel is not coming out and there isfuel in the float bowl then there is an obstruction somewhere between the end of the emulsion tube and the bottom of the main jet tube.