Hydraulic Problem after oil change in Hustler Mini Z

rick.kinney

Threads
  • / Hydraulic Problem after oil change in Hustler Mini Z
I followed the manufacturer's instructions for changing the hydraulic oil including a new filter. I followed the instructions by putting it on jack stands and letting it run.
It run fine on the jack stands but when I take it out in the yard, I can barely get it to move. I need to figure this out. I'm getting frustrated.
Thanks for any help!

I had the same problem and read in this forum that the covers on the bottom of the pump, that has 2 screws holding it on, which I took off to replace a leaking seal was turned around. I didn't believe this could be the problem, but once I turned them around the directions for bleeding the pump worked perfectly. If you didn't take those caps off then get a socket torx , allen or hex driver and loosen the top plug on the pump and fill with oil until it runs out, then put the plug back in and purge the pumps being jacked up.

The seals will leak inside the pump under the cap and is easy to replace as long as you don't strip anything or get the cap on wrong, also frequently go around the entire pump tightening all the bolts.