ZT Elite Deck Switch

Hillbilly101

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is it just me , but why every year ( 2 years In a row ) i have to buy a new deck switch . I would really like to find an alternative switch to put in it . anybody else have deck switch problems?

Crabby Grass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is it just me , but why every year ( 2 years In a row ) i have to buy a new deck switch . I would really like to find an alternative switch to put in it . anybody else have deck switch problems?
I bought a 60" ZT elite last spring. Because my 7 acres can get rough, I also bought the foot lever to raise the deck on the fly. Late in the season the deck stopped electrically raising, though it would lower. I removed the switch, took it apart and cleaned it, and everything was fine. But I found that I didn't really need it since I have the foot lever, which is actually faster and easier.

Well, it failed again on my first mowing this spring. But by then I considered the electric deck raiser a superfluous feature for someone like me (over six foot male with normal leg muscles). So I actually sent an email to Bad Boy suggesting that they just bypass the motor and maybe make it an "extra cost" option for those that want it. They responded with a thank you.

So, then I'm at Tractor Supply the next day and notice all the bad boys now come with the foot lever. And to top it off I notice the deck raiser switch has been replaced with a rubber plug. Turns out they had already figured out what I had figured out, and acted on it.

I suppose if my wife is mowing the lawn, the motor might be nice.

But again, I recommend just cleaning the switch with De-Oxit if you have any (get it off Amazon). I use that to refurbish knobs and switches on 1970's vintage hi-fi gear. It is amazing stuff.