Repairs Scag SSZ-CV22

WheelhorseMan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Scag SSZ-CV22 in the shop. We have replaced the left Hydro but it still moves very slow and will not climb any amount of grade. The Hydro oil and filter was changed when the left Hydro was installed. No whining when you move the handles forward or in reverse. Has anyone run into this problem before?
Thanks WheelhorseMan

dfbroxy

Threads
Sometimes you have to purge the hydros several times to get all the air out of the system.

Luffydog

Threads
There is some gears in there that get worn out. They are filled I think with grease 00 but been awhile since I have seen them.

dfbroxy

Threads
Luffydog you are right. I looked up the parts diagram and there is a pump connected to a seperate gear unit or axle on each hydro. Looks to be a very sound system.

WheelhorseMan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Luffydog you are right. I looked up the parts diagram and there is a pump connected to a seperate gear unit or axle on each hydro. Looks to be a very sound system.

Correct, The Pump is bolted onto the gear box and from what I saw when -putting the new pump in, I didn't see any gear oil or grease inside but I don't have a diagram or manual on it. One would think that there should be grease or 80/90 weight oil in them.

WheelhorseMan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did purge the pumps after changing the fluid and filter and installing the new pump on the left side.