Ferris 3200 with 32hp Vanguard

raymi24

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI everyone,
I am in the market for a new mower and was looking at a new late model year 2018 Ferris 3200 61" with 37HP Vanguard and suspension seat and the dealer came at me with an offer on a new leftover early 18 model year or late 17 with a 32HP Vanguard motor without the suspension seat for $1400 less. I mow 5 acres once per week of rough terrain which is why I was going with the suspension seat.
I am thinking the 32 will be plenty of power but it does not have the efi or suspension seat. Does anyone have any input on the 32Hp ?
The 32hp without the seat is $1400 less.
Any input is appreciated. Thank you

KenTX

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would spend the extra $1400. I too have 5 bumpy acres. My Bobcat XRZ is beating me up even with suspension seat. Pretty sure I will be buying Ferris 3200 soon but still researching. Funny a Ferris 3200 needs a suspension seat. The suspension seat plus two thick foam cushions made the Bobcat useable but barely tolerable. Good luck.

ironhead3fan

Threads
Get the bigger engine, you won't regret it! It won't work as hard as the smaller engine. Also, when that grass is a bit taller, or you hit those thick spots, you'll be glad you bought that bigger engine!

Also, one does not need a suspension seat on a Ferris which already has suspension, but I mow 10 acres every week and figure I'll make that ride as comfy I as can! If you test ride one with that suspension seat, you'll buy one, trust me!

Padroo

Threads
I bought my wife a 32 HP IS3200 last fall and it is hard on gas.
The 37 HP fuel injected model should do better on gas than the 32.
She has about 15 years on her TORO ZRT with a 23 HP Kawasaki with a 52 in deck and the Ferris has the 61 inch.
If you plan on doing your own repairs remember the fuel injected engine is like a car with an O2 sensor and all the electronics that go along with electronic fuel injection.
The IS 3200 weighs 500 lbs more than her commercial TORO.

bodon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the IS3200. This is my 3rd season on it. Excellent mower. Gas usage doesn't seem unusual to me. It's a big motor. I mow about 8 acres some smooth some rough no complaints. I've also owned 2 Bobcats. Great mowers but beat the crap out of me. Until there's a better mower with suspension I'll stick with Ferris.

Pete6114

Threads
I use a IS5100Z once/week for 8-9 hours to cut all around livestock barns and fields. There's quite a few ruts in the grass from large farm equipment's, and grass is far from smooth at best. The 5100 has no suspension seat and am not getting beat up at all, by using it all day. I have no need for a suspension seat.