lawn mower

JosephDuncan

Forum Newbie
Threads
OKE. Let's name the tips that you discover by yourself, making it easier to use a lawn mower or tips to help you fix the lawn mower instead of having to bring it to the repair shop

dfbroxy

Threads
The biggest tips I can give is read everything in this forum about your mower you can. Then go on youtube and look up how to repair (your mower here). Once your mower breaks down during mowing season its too late to do alot of research. And one more thing, get a basic tool set.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Maintenance is easy.
Do it at the end of every season.
Apart from changing fluids & filters, wash the machine then grease all contact points with white chassis grease.
While you are there, check all belts & pulleys for damage and every nut & bolt for tightness.
Repaint any places where the paint is peeling or missing.
And if you are really anal, take compression readings.
Write all that you have done down in your owners manual.
Over inflate the tyres so they do not get flat spots on them.
Pour a tablespoon of oil down the plug hole and turn the engine around by hand a few times to distribute it.
If you are in an area with small furry things looking for a home, plug the exhaust & remove the blower housing.
Remove the battery or hook it up to a battery tender.

Because you lot are forced to use those crappy bar blades get several of them and keep a sharp one on hand so you can swap it when it is blunt and sharpen the dull blade when you have time,
Mow in the afternoon when the grass is the driest, cut no more than 1/3 of the grass height and no lower than 2" unless you are growing couch to play bowls on.

JosephDuncan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Or surfing some websites like homedepot or agreedhand. I thinks that it will be very helpful

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Keep the underside of the deck clean. It will cut better and be much less prone to corrosion.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Obtain EVERY manual related to your machine, Owners, Parts, & Service, keep in a safe place, and read all on occasion, if & when you work on your machine, FIRST get your camera, & take pictures of EVERYTHING you do .. LOTS N LOTS of pics.. these pics will be more valuable than your service manual, (take notes if necessary) treat your machine as if it was the last to be made, and no parts are available for it, if you take care of your machine, IT, will take care of you ! .. :thumbsup:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
My number one tip would be to run the engine out of gas after the last mowing. I store my push mowers under the house so I also drain the oil, while it's still hot of course.

helomech

Threads
My number one tip would be to run the engine out of gas after the last mowing. I store my push mowers under the house so I also drain the oil, while it's still hot of course.

Why would you drain the oil? Never heard of anyone doing this for storage.