lawn mower

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I believe it has to do with leftover combustion residue and it's corrosive properties....:smile:

helomech

Threads
I believe it has to do with leftover combustion residue and it's corrosive properties....:smile:

You won't remove all the oil residue, all you are doing IMO is exposing more of the internals to moisture. Never heard of a engine having problems because of oil in it. Seems counterproductive to me. I have taken apart lots of engines and never seen a engine corrode below the oil line.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
You won't remove all the oil residue, all you are doing IMO is exposing more of the internals to moisture. Never heard of a engine having problems because of oil in it. Seems counterproductive to me. I have taken apart lots of engines and never seen a engine corrode below the oil line.
Neither have I.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why would you drain the oil? Never heard of anyone doing this for storage.

I don't want anything that burns under the house. And leaking oil sure makes a mess under there too. Ideally the last drain would have a refill with nice clean oil for storage.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why would you drain the oil? Never heard of anyone doing this for storage.

I don't want anything that burns under the house. And leaking oil sure makes a mess under there too. Ideally the last drain would have a refill with nice clean oil for storage.

JosephDuncan

Forum Newbie
Threads
OKE. Let's name the tips that you discover by yourself, making it easier to use a lawn mower or tips to help you fix the lawn mower instead of having to bring it to the repair shop
Surfing some websites like agreendhand, homedepot