Radio speakers

yellbird

Threads
Was wondering if anyone mounted radio speakers with the out front deck?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Better off just getting some radio headphones IMO.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Used to make some "Yardphones" that had the radio built in and good sound proofing. These days I suppose blue tooth and a phone is the way to go with head phones.

yellbird

Threads
I've used a couple of different brands that had radio's but the were heavy or were a little small for my ears and would hurt. I've got the jensen 910 radio which is really a good radio and use wired headphones
but I keep forgetting I have them on and after awhile I get off the mower to pick something up and end up yanking them on my head. I have 2.5 acres so I am on it quite a while so thought about wireless headphones but need bluetooth for that. That means buy another radio with bluetooth and bluetooth headphones. My last choice are speakers but not a lot of places to connect them on the grasshopper.

I guess bluetooth is the way to go.

Thanks to all who responded to my question.

Jinzo Ningen

Threads
My solution was to buy a relatively cheap MP3 player that I could use exclusively for mowing/outdoors work. This is what I ended up getting: https://www.amazon.com/AGPTEK-Supports-Replaceable-Recording-Expandable/dp/B01NAJ3KQB?ref=pf_ov_at_pdctrvw_dp It holds 8Gb, which equates to a TON of music (it also has a built-in FM radio). For $7 more you can get a unit that holds 16Gb. Plugs right into any computer with a USB port to dump tunes directly. Runs off a single AAA battery which will last upwards of 12+ hrs.

I bought a cheap nylon knife pouch and fitted it to the band on a pair of heavy-duty Blisom earmuffs.https://www.bosssafety.com/p-7615-bilsom-thunder-t3-earmuff-30db.aspx I firmly press in the earbuds and slip the muffs over my ears. The muffs deaden a lot of the noise so that I don't have to play my tunes too loud in order to drown out the mower engine roar... and I can still hear normal conversation afterwards when I'm done mowing for the day.

Hope this helps.