Thread: Radio speakers

Mower
    Grasshopper

Radio speakers

Was wondering if anyone mounted radio speakers with the out front deck?

1,000 Post Club

Mower
    Exmark Lazer Z HP, Exmark Turf Tracer HP, Bob-Cat FastCat Pro, Honda Masters Series, JD 855 T/L/B

Re: Radio speakers

Better off just getting some radio headphones IMO.

Mower
    John Deere

Used to make some "Yardphones" that had the radio built in and good sound proofing. These days I suppose blue tooth and a phone is the way to go with head phones.

1,000 Post Club

Mower
    Exmark Lazer Z HP, Exmark Turf Tracer HP, Bob-Cat FastCat Pro, Honda Masters Series, JD 855 T/L/B

Quote Originally Posted by tom3 View Post
    Used to make some "Yardphones" that had the radio built in and good sound proofing. These days I suppose blue tooth and a phone is the way to go with head phones.
    That's what I use along with a Spotify subscription. https://www.amazon.com/Worktunes-Wir.../dp/B0146A4SWA

Mower
    Grasshopper

Wink Re: Radio speakers

I've used a couple of different brands that had radio's but the were heavy or were a little small for my ears and would hurt. I've got the jensen 910 radio which is really a good radio and use wired headphones
    but I keep forgetting I have them on and after awhile I get off the mower to pick something up and end up yanking them on my head. I have 2.5 acres so I am on it quite a while so thought about wireless headphones but need bluetooth for that. That means buy another radio with bluetooth and bluetooth headphones. My last choice are speakers but not a lot of places to connect them on the grasshopper.

I guess bluetooth is the way to go.

Thanks to all who responded to my question.

Mower
    2014 GH 930DG2 w/72" powerfold deck & 48" snowthrower

My solution was to buy a relatively cheap MP3 player that I could use exclusively for mowing/outdoors work. This is what I ended up getting: https://www.amazon.com/AGPTEK-Suppor..._at_pdctrvw_dp It holds 8Gb, which equates to a TON of music (it also has a built-in FM radio). For $7 more you can get a unit that holds 16Gb. Plugs right into any computer with a USB port to dump tunes directly. Runs off a single AAA battery which will last upwards of 12+ hrs.

I bought a cheap nylon knife pouch and fitted it to the band on a pair of heavy-duty Blisom earmuffs.https://www.bosssafety.com/p-7615-bi...muff-30db.aspx I firmly press in the earbuds and slip the muffs over my ears. The muffs deaden a lot of the noise so that I don't have to play my tunes too loud in order to drown out the mower engine roar... and I can still hear normal conversation afterwards when I'm done mowing for the day.

Hope this helps.