Grasshopper 722DT6 Tire Rubs Fender

Ford850

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 2008 Grasshopper 722DT6 calls for tire size 22-11-10, but it came with 21" when new. I replaced the old tires this week, but when reinstalling the left drive wheel I found the tire is off center and rubs the front of the fender. The right side tire is perfectly centered in the wheel well with plenty of space all around. Maybe the 21" tires masked the problem on the left side until now.
I don't see how the fender can be moved forward or upwards. Is there an adjustment on the wheel hub and motor that I can't see?

Ford850

Forum Newbie
Threads
I loosened the fender and tried to move it forward, but it's made to fit in one position. The assembly has a rolled cap in an inverted V shape, that nests on the frame with a similar shape. So it can't move forward or rearward once it's nested in place. But I did raise it a little off the frame to squeak out a bit of space for the tire, and bent the outside edge of the fender up a bit too. I'd rather have the light and fender cocked up a half inch on an angle than have the tire rub so I guess that's my only solution.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check the wheel motor mounts. If the finder does not move then maybe the wheel motor mounts do. I would also loosen the wheel motor mounting bolts and see if the motor can be moved down and away from the finder. Remember the difference between a 22" tire and a 21" tire is only 1/2 inch all around. Picture of the tire on and off would help a lot as well.