Need experienced suggestions for herbicide

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
The 'lawn' at my new-to-me house (DFW area) is close to just being a willd meadow due to neglect from at least the 2 prior owners - according to neighbors.

I have used several products since last spring to get 'some' headstart and I plan to continue with spot treatment and use of pre-em but, I now find I could really use some advice on a granule for weed control. It is frequently windy and we have a lot of specimen plants and flower beds so, it is difficult to use a hose-end spray.

I guess my main question is, what drop-spreader application would work well with a mix of SAug and bermuda, but be less stressful under trees? (ash and oak and crepe myrtle primarily)

pretty sure I want to avoid atrazine......

if there isn't a granule, what can I use in a pump?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had several go-arounds with various weed treatments over the years. The liquid stuff usually killed off 40% of the grass and 25% of the weeds. Generic drop spreader stuff worked some to not at all. Only thing I've had consistent good results with is the Scotts weed and feed granules. Stuff works. Stuff is costly. Get up real early while the grass is wet, put on some rubber boots, best after a pretty good rain, spread the stuff so you can see it on the leafy weeds, apply when you'll have a couple days of sun and warm days followed by a rain to soak in the fertilizer. (harder than it sounds) Takes a while to see results but I've usually been pretty satisfied with it.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
I thought typical weed-n-feed was stressful for trees/shrubs?