STT61V-27CH won't start

1bobo#

Forum Newbie
Threads
started and ran this year parked it over night and would not start next day . Did hear a slight clicking from engine area and maybe from the electronic module (483029) which I just replaced last year because of the same problem . It seemed to fix it used it the rest of the season . Now after it not starting after a nights rest I came out the next and it started . I guess I'll just ride with it until …..
Did give it a complete tune up last year . Any thoughts ...Bob

mcdonell

Threads
I am not familiar with the Koehler wiring. I am going to assume it is like my Kawasaki and the osha switches allow a hot wire from each switch to the module.

So I would learn which wires on the module come from where. So next time it does not start you could check the module with a test light to see which switch is not sending the power to the module.

I had this same type of issue. I bought a $100 module and then saw a problem with the connector while changing the modules. I bypassed the connector on just that one wire with a jumper wire. Then just used the old module and the mower has not acted up in a year. I have the new module in my parts drawer. Good luck.

1bobo#

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am not familiar with the Koehler wiring. I am going to assume it is like my Kawasaki and the osha switches allow a hot wire from each switch to the module.

So I would learn which wires on the module come from where. So next time it does not start you could check the module with a test light to see which switch is not sending the power to the module.

I had this same type of issue. I bought a $100 module and then saw a problem with the connector while changing the modules. I bypassed the connector on just that one wire with a jumper wire. Then just used the old module and the mower has not acted up in a year. I have the new module in my parts drawer. Good luck.

Thank you , I'll check the wires and be prepared next time , Bob

Luffydog

Threads
I take it that this unit with do nothing when all the arms out brake on and in the seat with pto off. First do you have power. If so then check ground from battery to engine. Then take a test light with key on while on the + touch other end from the module scag side to light blue light should either light up with pto off or with pto on can't really remember. Same with orange which is handles pink brake brown seat. Try that make sure light comes on and off and if it doesn't the one that doesn't light up or go off will be the problem. I posted this in a different thread here in the scag forum but I haven't found it as of just yet. Might check Thur the no starts and see if you can't find it. Also check to see if the starter wire hasn't came off of the starter. If you have problems let me know and I will pull out my book to the no start issues. Most times it will be the pto switch that will cause most the no start issue. If it is cranking over but not running is another game in it's self. Sorry haven't been In The forum the a week or so. Let us know what you find.