Repairs Cub Cadet LT1045 PTO problem

garyadams10

Forum Newbie
Threads
My PTO quite working. You can pull the PTO switch on again and it will start to work for a short period before it cuts off again. You can repeat this process and the PTO will work for another short period of time.

I replace the PTO switch and that seemed to help but not much. Now the PTO will run until you start to move forward and it cuts off again. It will run continuously if the mower deck belt is not on the PTO pulley. But as soon as it goes under load it cuts off.

Any ideas on what the problem may be?

geelee

Threads
there is a reverse cut out switch back at the trans, the yellow wire breaks then hits metal when you try and drive. causes pto to cut out. cut tape or repair wire, your choice. most people hate this safety feature. if your key switch has the rev cut out bypass feature turn key to yellow area and push triangle button. red light will come on. should work fine but you need to reset it at every use.

cruzenmike

Threads
If I am not mistaken, the LT1045 might have the mow in reverse feature. If you turn the key to the appropriate slot and then press the button to enable to the feature, but still experience the problem then it might rule out the safety switch. Still check the switch that the wiring looks good and there are no issues with the connections such as corrosion or potential shorts. Also, you can check the other safety switches. If you don't mind me asking, did you buy an oem replacement clutch from the dealer? I know that when I had to replace the clutch in my LTX1050 it was about $300 from the dealer as opposed to a generic one on Amazon or eBay. You might also have a bad PTO switch?

geelee

Threads
seems like I heard that somewhere