Engine Fuel stop

cambre

Threads
I have a Grasshopper 725 D & having trouble with PTO switch that I changed 2 times & is bad again so I wired it to a toggle switch. It does away with some safety switches but I am the only one that uses it. After I did that I tried the PTO a couple times then shut engine off. A while later I smell smoke an saw it was coming from the fuel stop solenoid. It got very hot and burned up. I don't think the solenoid is suppose to have constant voltage to it. What did I do wrong?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You treated the disease & not the illness.
You have to find why the PTO switch is going bad .
And you bypassed the wrong wires
the fuel solenoid is wired to the L or A terminal on the key switch

All of the PTO wires are ground wires apart from the cranking circuit.
If you sent power to the solenoid then there is a better than average chance you hae also sent power to the magneto & killed them.

cambre

Threads
You treated the disease & not the illness.
You have to find why the PTO switch is going bad .
And you bypassed the wrong wires
the fuel solenoid is wired to the L or A terminal on the key switch

All of the PTO wires are ground wires apart from the cranking circuit.
If you sent power to the solenoid then there is a better than average chance you hae also sent power to the magneto & killed them.

I was hopping you would answer. You are very knowledgeable. I tried to trouble shoot PTO but no luck. Where is magneto on a grasshopper diesel eng? Does fuel stop have continuous voltage to it while running? I have no voltage to fuel stop solenoid when running. First time dealing with this problem. Do you think something I did with the dash wiring, like bypassing PTO switch? It does make PTO clutch work. Thank you for your help. You have helped me several times.