Repairs Power Max electric PTO clutch

Ebar

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m new here, been pretty fortunate with this dandy old workhorse. It’s been my right hand, with its hydraulic 3 point hitch... it’ll pick up what I can’t.

This spring when I attempted to start it, I got nothing, did some testing and got mixed results but determined it needed an ignition switch... still wasn’t right, it had started really squealing n squalling, making a lot of racket... I did more poking around finally got a look at the PTO clutch...

There are copper filings all over. I’ve made some calls, looking for a replacement, nearly had a heart attack when I actually found one.

So here’s the issue. I’ve had the fine old machine for 8 or 10 years, only used the tiller once. Don’t foresee using the PTO, so for that cost maybe I’ll just remove the driveshaft that goes from the engine to the electric PTO clutch.

So, if you’re familiar with this machine, is there any problem just taking out that driveshaft? Or, do I really need to pay up and replace that clutch?

Thanks for your thoughts...

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
first post your Simplicity 7 digit model number

mbarcher

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you meaning the clutch for the rear pto ?
If you are you can remove the drive shaft to the trans housing , including the electric clutch .
I have a 9020 Power Max and the rear pto clutch , drive shaft have been removed .
I only have the front electric clutch left on my Power Max.