Mower deck Mower deck drive belt

Mudmark

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

I am getting my Ferris is5000z ready for the new season and have an issue with replacing the mower deck drive belt.

I have bought the belt, 5023123, and tried to fit it to the deck, but it’s about 10” too long......
I have measured the outside length of the belt and it’s about 200”.
The deck is 61” wide, rear discharge and mower is C31D model.

I have used all adjustments I can, like extending the push bars and moving the mower tension pulley to the maximum setting, but to no avail.

Does anyone know what length the belt should be?

I know the belt for the 72” deck is 211” long and based on different pulleys and blade spacing should make the belt for the 61” deck about 20” shorter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mark

Mudmark

Forum Newbie
Threads
That’s brilliant,thanks for the manual.

I have routed the belt like the picture shows, but it is still too long.

The only difference between my deck and the picture is my tension adjuster pulley is pivoted between pulleys A and C , figure 46 and the spring pulling towards the bottom left of the picture.

I think I will have to find a belt slightly smaller and go from there.

Thanks

Mark

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I tied running your belt part number through the gates catalogue ( my go to for belt sizes ) and it came up "not on file ".
Belts do not stretch , they wear thinner so measure the new belt against the old one, it should go within 1" and 1" on a 200" belt is nothing.
My customers with Time Masters all run a belt 3" shorter because it is 1/2 the price of the TORO belt ( x mark belt from memory )
Mower companies get their belts tied in bundles then they put the sleeves on them , or get a disabled workshop to sleeve the belts as is the normal practice down here
It is not unheard of to find the wrong belt in the right sleeve.
I use around 200 belts a year and it might happen once or twice a year at the worst.
Way back in time, the part number of a belt was or indicated the size. Now days they are just the next available number so there is also the chance that the parts list is wrong.
That has happened more than once as well.
Dealers techs usually know about it and just order in the right part but Joe Public gets caught out because the cutie pie behind the parts counter only knows how to read the computer file.