Cub Cadet RZT 50" with 22 HP Kawasaki Engine

andyltj

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the Forum...I recently pulled my 2007 Cub Cadet out for Spring and gave it an overhaul. I performed a tune up this past weekend (deck towers, blades, leveling, plugs, fuel filter, new fuel, oil filter, oil change, Air filter). We mowed on Tuesday, the mower seemed to be running a little rich but I figured it was the Sea Foam fuel treatment that we ran through the first tank of gas. My son turned the mower off and parked it in the garage as normal (without cleaning deck). When I got home I attempted to crank to move it out and clean the deck as per normal however it would not crank, strong gas smell. I looked at the motor and gas was running out of the bottom of the Carburator coming from the drain screw on bottom of Carburator. When I drained the fuel system I also drained the carburetor via the drain screw. I have tried everything to stop the flow of fuel but short of disconnecting the fuel line it continues to pour. I suspect that there is a bad O-ring and too much fuel is flowing into the carburetor which caused the rich mix while mowing. How or what do I need to do to repair or correct? Is there a carburetor kit or can just the O-ring (if one) be replaced? Help?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Float valve is leaking causing it to overflow the carb. Best option is to remove the carb, clean, install a carb repair kit, change the oil and filter since it is most likely contaminated with gas, and also install a fuel shutoff valve in the fuel line for later insurance against it happening again.