Deck Spindles

raytgal

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a D155 JD. John Deere placed the zerks on the deck spindles so that it's almost impossible to get a grease gun on the zerk. It's placed low down on the spindle and down in a well. Is there a special grease gun fitting that will allow getting to them? Can they be replaced with one that's offset (angled)?, are they screw in or push in's?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use a small one-handed grease gun with a hose on my mowers. The only issue is that the cartridges don't last me long. I've replaced fittings with ones with a different angle before too.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Flex hose on the grease gun usually works. In those cases where it won't, you can replace the zerk with a flex hose and run it out to an accessible location.

FWIW, I have found flex hoses on grease guns to be useful only on the kind which you pump the grease with one hand. The other kind sometimes needs three hands.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check out ( Lincoln lubrication fiittings and accessories ) ( a PDF ) much info about various fittings that you might find helpful...:thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are talking about grease fitting in the spindle housing, then take the spindle off & turn it around so the zerks are facing the front where they are easier to get at.
I found it most convienent to have them facing each other on 2 spindle decks so there is plenty of space to get at them.
On 3 spindle decks point the right one towards the outlet chute and the other two at each other.