Weed eater trouble on TB22

biggdadd58

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone. I was given the task of repairing a string trimmer for my 89 year old uncle. He says that he only used it only once and the line needed replaced. This in on a Troy-Bilt TB22. When I received this, the nut on the cutting head just clicks when trying to remove to replace the line. I am not sure as to what way he tried to remove this nut, right or left turn, just that I can not get it off. I would like to repair with the proper parts, maybe just the nut on the bottom of the cutting head and hope that nothing is wrong with the part that this screws into. Any help with ideas as to how to remove/replace the nut would be helpful. He also is telling me that he can not find the manual. I would like to thank you in advance.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello everyone. I was given the task of repairing a string trimmer for my 89 year old uncle. He says that he only used it only once and the line needed replaced. This in on a Troy-Bilt TB22. When I received this, the nut on the cutting head just clicks when trying to remove to replace the line. I am not sure as to what way he tried to remove this nut, right or left turn, just that I can not get it off. I would like to repair with the proper parts, maybe just the nut on the bottom of the cutting head and hope that nothing is wrong with the part that this screws into. Any help with ideas as to how to remove/replace the nut would be helpful. He also is telling me that he can not find the manual. I would like to thank you in advance.

This MIGHT be of help, .. click on the link.... and download the guide

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/484327/Troy-Bilt-Tb22-Ec.html

Jake8131

Threads
The bump knob comes off by turning to the left. Sounds like the bolt is either stripped or the threads on the shaft are damaged. Bust the knob off and try to remove the bolt.

biggdadd58

Forum Newbie
Threads
The bump knob comes off by turning to the left. Sounds like the bolt is either stripped or the threads on the shaft are damaged. Bust the knob off and try to remove the bolt.

This was where I was heading. It's already broke...right?

Jake8131

Threads
Does the bump turn left and right easily? Sounds like you need to bust the know offf and get the bolt out. You can pick up a new bump knob anywhere. Let me know how you are progressing.....