New or used zero turn

Wesley8747

Forum Newbie
Threads
We have about 10 acres that we mow on our farm. Some of it is yard and other is around ponds etc. We are looking to buy a zero turn and cannot decide which direction to go. We tend to be rough on equipment so I want to buy something that is built well and not cheaply made. I would like to stay around $5-6000. Should I look for a good used commercial machine or try to buy something new in that price range? I just found a 2009 Kubota ZD323 diesel with 957 hours for $5500. I have also found a demo gravely pro-turn 160. thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your budget and needs do not match. You would need a new machine for all that you are mowing. If you have farmland then you should buy a mower with a shaft PTO as they are considered a tax write off. Grasshopper is the one I would choose for you.

Treflan Can

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can vouch for the Gravely 160, and they are 20% off retail right now for a short time. I just got it for our farm which means mowing 1 yard, 2 shop yards and some pasture as well. Some of the ground is very rough in places and makes a full suspension seat absolutely necessary. The Gravely is very rugged and should handle the conditions where it operates. I recommend the Gravely, but nothing lower than the proturn 100 series with the full suspension seat.