Pop up ads all over the page.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
These ads are driving me nuts and my IPad does not show a way to block them. Can close them, but as soon as I change screens they’re back. Top, middle, bottom and as I’m using an iPad covers much of the screen.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, I will have to agree with you Rivets.
The top 2 are tolerable except that the window perpetually resizes as they come & go so the text one is trying to read bounce all over the screen which makes using the site right royal PIA.
However the bottom floating add is a disaster as it regularly covers the text and even worse continually tries to run scripts that my computer can not resolve , causing firefox to freeze while the draw or download script hyjacks the processor.
Then the 35 words I have typed suddenly appear.
If you are going to put adds in MAKE THEM STATIC so they don't hyjack the processor.
Continually having to force quit the restart is the pits.
Then there is the "SEE HOW SMART WE ARE" coders who put in a square add that really stuffs up the page.

And the bottom add is the real troublemaker.
A close button appears then the screen freezes from 5 to 15 seconds while the add is generated.
Bannar adds are fine if they go into a fixed size portal in a fixed position which either has an add in there or the background.
As a lot of the adds that appear are for local businesses I assume the add script is interrogating my cashe & browser history in order to send ne location specific adds.
This eventually causes Firefox to hang because the "Script is Unresponsive"
Having adds with moving images will do nothing but get people angry enough to leave full stop.'

Not every body optical fibre connections and 10Gb /sec download speeds.

There is a really nice blank space within the "Similar Threads" box where that mongrel bottom add could go, be a standard size and not cause so much grief.
I appreciate the need to sell advertising space but these new adds are the pits

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Okay, how about now?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Okay, how about now?

I will answer that is a few days.
The window was a lot more stable today but it still bounces around which should not happen if the adds are displayed in a fixed size portal which either displays the add or the regular background.
I do appreciate your efforts.
It is a fine line between raising revenue & keeping the members happy.

FWIW no freezes today

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
We disabled the bottom ad for members who are signed in. We don't want the experience for members who are doing more navigation than most visitors to be compromised.

Pumper54

Threads
I have not been bothered by the pop ups the past few days but I did resit my spam filter and ad blocker on my computer. I do understand the need to generate revenue for the site but the way those ads bouncing around made me not want to come here. A big Thank you to the Admin here for addressing this issue.
Tom

NorthBama

Threads
Much better for me also thank you

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Last few days wierd things have started to happen. When trying to use the reply screen, it keeps jumping around while typing, changing sizes, and I’ve even lost my reply before I finished typing and send it. Today, while moving between threads, I’ll loose my login, but I don’t have to relog in. Just hit the back arrow a few times and I’m back logged in. Anyone else having these problems?