Poulan 300EX Rear End Servicable?

bjordan

Threads
Hi Folks,

I have an older Poulan 300EX (model # PB19546LT) riding mower that I am getting up and usable. I just took the rear wheels off to install inner tubes and I noticed oil on both the drive shafts. So, I figure the output seals are probably leaking. But, in the mean time (before replacing them), is there a way to get more fluid in the rear end of this mower. If yes, where, how, much should be in there and what type of oil? Is there any How To articles for this?

Thanks in advance!

Burwell, New Orleans

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just because you don’t get an answer to a post as fast as you would like, please don’t start another thread. It will only get confusing for everyone.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
We need the model number of the rear end to get you all the info you need.

bjordan

Threads
We need the model number of the rear end to get you all the info you need.

Thanks - Here is what I found:
Upper left side of the tag: 402724

Right side, bottom of of the tag: SN4WX 5144408

I think those are the numbers - kinda hard to read.

Does that line up with a rear end from a tractor made in 2008 (I think)?

THanks again for the help.

Last edited:

bjordan

Threads

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the help BlazNT. I will take the rear cover off the mower and see if I find a way to get some oil in it. I found one video this the transaxle apart, but that's about all the information out there. I'll keep digging.

Thanks.

If you look at the parts break down I sent you a link for you will find part number 3 is a plug for filling in the fluid. I do not know what goes inside.

bjordan

Threads
If you look at the parts break down I sent you a link for you will find part number 3 is a plug for filling in the fluid. I do not know what goes inside.

Thanks - I hadn't dug into the picture yet - first cup of coffee so far this morning! :)

bjordan

Threads