Husqvarna YTH22V46 - No Power (Transmission Issue)?

jpw2913

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All -
I'm new to the forum and am hoping to get some insight on what might be going on with my Husqvarna 22V46. It's about 3 years old. I have a pretty large yard (probably about an acre of grass). I've read a similar question on this forum and it sounds like i might have the same issue, but wanted to get your thoughts. The engine runs fine, but when I step on the pedal to go forward, it just barely crawls, a little better in reverse, but still very slow. When i'm going up a slight incline or trying to turn it is worse. If i'm going down a hill, its seems to try to speed up (i guess because it has less of a load on it). I noticed this stared after i hooked up a small trailer full of fire wood one time and tried to pull it. It was really working hard to try to pull the trailer, but I just kept pushing the pedal, making it go forward. Since then, it has slowly been getting worse and worse. Now, even with no load it's really bad. Will just crawl. I did replace the drive belt, but that did not fix the problem.

After reading on here, it sounds like i might have trashed the transmission. What do you guys think, can this be fixed? Or am i better off just getting a new mower (maybe a little bigger) and not pulling a trailer with it?
Thanks for any help!

Jerry
Texas.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing I would do is remove the deck and take a good look at the drive belt and the belt tensioner. If the belt has not been replaced since new or the tensioner is not moving freely, this could be the source of your problem. Unless the tranny has been abused, at less than five years, I doubt the tranny is the cause.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Put the mower on a level hard surface.
Try to push & pull the mower with the bypass open
Then do the same thing with the bypass closed

Closed should be a lot harder than open
And when closed to mower should stop moving the instant you stop pushing.

If not the trans is trash.

My test is my tilting trailer.
If I have to pull the mower off the trailer the trans is good
If it rolls off all by itself the trans is trashed.