Buying Advice Gravely ZT 34

Mww

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good morning My name is Mark I'm new to the site.I'm looking at buying a 2013 gravely ZT 34 mower . My question is this a good mower? I've read good things about them. I have a small mowing business and getting this to go threw those 36"gates. So just looking for pros and cons on this mower. thank you

cootertwo

Threads
I was looking for one too, but my local dealer talked me out of it, and I got a 42 inch instead. He said they don't even stock the 34" anymore, as they had too many complaints about them digging up the ground while turning.

cruzenmike

Threads
Hustler also makes a ztr called the Dash which is available in a 32 or 34" model. This would be another option but you would likely being buying new. One huge disadvantage of small deck riders/ztrs is that they have very narrow rear tires which will rut and turf very easily. You might be better off with a commercial 32" walk behind for getting through gates. There may even be a stand on that is sized appropriately. I know, the expense is much higher with these I speak of, but for a business you have to consider efficiency/productivity and return on investment. A ZTR is not always going to be the fastest in a fenced in back yard with many obstacles.