Need Help Identifying Old Tecumseh Motor - Snapper 2140YP

MD249

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Need Help Identifying Old Tecumseh Motor - Snapper 2140YP
Hi All,

I've recently gotten my hands on an old Snapper Mower (2140YP), and I'm looking to clean out and rebuild the carburetor. I've spent some time looking for the model number on this motor and can not find it for the life of me. I BELIEVE it should be somewhere on the shroud but i'm not seeing it there, neither the inside or outside. It almost looks like someone painted this shroud at some point, and i'm wondering if there was a sticker on here that was removed. I always thought these were stamped, but could be wrong. I've attached some pictures and could provide more if necessary. I'm hoping someone here may be familiar with this motor and know which model this was.

IMG_5675.jpgIMG_5681.jpg

Thanks,
Mike

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Those old engines were stamped. most likely location is above the spark plug. And somebody has painted the engine. Also there should be some numbers stamped into the carb body next to the mounting flange. those numbers can be crossed over to an actual carb part number to look up the repair kit.

MD249

Forum Newbie
Threads
Those old engines were stamped. most likely location is above the spark plug. And somebody has painted the engine. Also there should be some numbers stamped into the carb body next to the mounting flange. those numbers can be crossed over to an actual carb part number to look up the repair kit.

Thanks, that was really helpful. I located the numbers on the carb and was able to identify which carb my motor has, and order parts. I just took a look at the head for the stamping and havent had any luck. I'll continue to look for it, but if my issue is just the carb I may be okay. I suspected that someone painted the motor, I'm really not sure why they would have done that.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take a look at the oil sump sometimes numbers are stamped there.

MD249

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I think I’ve identified the carburetor, and I just received the rebuild kit. The carb looks like 632391. I somehow managed to lose the screw that holds the bowl in place. Looking at the parts diagram for this model it’s showing that this screw has a needle in it that is adjustable, however the one I took out had no needle or any adjustment. Any ideas?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
nevertheless the new carb should work...!