Help with replacing belts

BuddyC1

Threads
I need some advice replacing both belts on this 42" opposed twin engine Craftsman. I have already removed the deck. The gas tank is under the seat and the cap is more to the left side. When I flip the mower on it's side, do I only need to worry about is making sure that the gas tank cap is higher up? Do I need to take any other precautions in regards to the fuel line or oil? It has an EZ3 deck... any tips with possible difficulties when putting the belts on?

Eng mod - 461707
Type - 0145 E3
Code - 0006225B

IMG_8099.jpgIMG_8101.jpgIMG_8115.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Batteries can leak as well.
I put some cling wrap over the tank filler neck then screw the cap back on.
Remove the battery then stand the mower vertical on its bum.
So much easier to work on that way and no worries about oil filling up mufflers or carbs.
While the deck is off lube the tensioner arm pivot with dry lithium spray grease.
Be careful with the deck belt as you have to get the belt under the brake

BuddyC1

Threads
Batteries can leak as well.
I put some cling wrap over the tank filler neck then screw the cap back on.
Remove the battery then stand the mower vertical on its bum.
So much easier to work on that way and no worries about oil filling up mufflers or carbs.
While the deck is off lube the tensioner arm pivot with dry lithium spray grease.
Be careful with the deck belt as you have to get the belt under the brake

I didn't feel comfortable lifting it on it's butt with just myself since the area in was working in was not quite level but I did successfully tilt it on it's side and got the belt on fine. I don't know about dry, but I did use some regular lithium spray grease but I am guessing that is the same thing you were mentioning. Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I didn't feel comfortable lifting it on it's butt with just myself since the area in was working in was not quite level but I did successfully tilt it on it's side and got the belt on fine. I don't know about dry, but I did use some regular lithium spray grease but I am guessing that is the same thing you were mentioning. Thanks.

Most lithium spray grease is dry.
Sprays on gooey then dries off in about an hour
You need to use a dry lubricant other wise the wet grease picks up dust & becomes grinding paste.