John Deere Easy Change 30 second oil filter

JoeM(GA)

Threads
the best part is that next to the last line!!!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Why would you want to spend $40.00 on a filter that only removes some contaminants and oil. If you remove some oil you still need to bring the oil back up, plus remember, you’re only changing the filter, not the oil. Also, it only works on the newer style E-series units. Sales gimmick to me, but there’s always someone out there who will try it.

cruzenmike

Threads
Gimmick or not, I highly doubt that John Deere would implement such a system if it had a high failure rate considering they risk their own reputation. I have not seen this system on any other brand of mowers and it appears to be Briggs specific. If this system is utilizing synthetic oil, then it may very well be that within the normal operation of 5-100 hours a year, the oil will see minimal degradation and the filter being as large as it is, will provide sufficient filtration for that many hours of use.

And, you have to remember that this is only on their 100 series tractors which are light duty consumer models. You will likely never find a system like this on the X series!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think is relies on Briggs research that says that you only need to replace 20 percent of the oil to renew the additives package. The quick change filter replaces the oil filter and about .8 quarts of oil since the quick change filter already contains the oil that would be lost with a filter change.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Found this "Easy Change thingie" while looking for something else, thought I had to share it to see the responses.