Honda 4518 Mower

jm91rs

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am thinking it may be time to sell the 4518 Honda. I'm the original owner so I've had this thing for 25+ years. It's always been garage kept and spent from about 2000-2010 sitting in the garage with almost no use when I got my commercial Zero Turn. I then gave it to my son who used it for 1 acre, and then his new house has a half acre lot for the last 7 years. He's finally realized he doesn't need a rider for such a small lot. I have no real idea what it's worth, I see them go from $800 for rough ones to $2000 for pristine. Heck, I saw a hood sell for $200 last week on eBay so I guess I can part it out if I can't get enough. This is somewhere between good and great condition, paint still shines, but it has some scratches. The seat is very cracked and worn out, it was pristine until we got back on it after 10 years of it sitting. The seat just dried out.

It's in great shape mechanically, nothing runs better than this machine. It does have a tranny leak. It's had a tranny leak for 20 years. I top it off every single time we use it, just to be safe, but it has never run low on tranny fluid.

42" deck, new belts, frequent oil and filter changes.

$1100. Open to offers. I know this seems expensive for an old riding mower, but I also know this is one of the better riders ever made and they had a cult like following.