Need Help Trouble Shooting MS280 Chainsaw

chooch

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Ms280 wouldn't start, found the issue was no spark with new spark plug. I replaced the ignition coil and gapped it. saw started right up and ran well for about 10 minutes. the it would run but not idle. I restarted it a couple of time but it would stop when I tried to idle it. then it stopped and now will not start. also now it has a significant amount of resistance when I try to pull the starter cord. Has new fuel and plenty of bar oil. Thanks for any help!

deminin

Threads
My Ms280 wouldn't start, found the issue was no spark with new spark plug. I replaced the ignition coil and gapped it. saw started right up and ran well for about 10 minutes. the it would run but not idle. I restarted it a couple of time but it would stop when I tried to idle it. then it stopped and now will not start. also now it has a significant amount of resistance when I try to pull the starter cord. Has new fuel and plenty of bar oil. Thanks for any help!

You might want to recheck the coil gap again. Perhaps you didn't get it tightened enough, and it has shifted back onto the flywheel, and is dragging.