Honda ( Ryobi ) GCV 160 pressure washer

Killerwoody

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought this thing about this same time last year. I've ran it maybe a full 3 hours over the year. I was using it today it sputtered a bit then died. Checked the fuel it was empty, filled it and started it up. About 3 to 5 mins later it quit so I said let me check the oil and it was bone dry. Can I possible fix this engine? It seems to be locked up and won't turn with by pull cord. If anyone has an idea or information that can help me please share.

Thanks!

trekgod3

Threads
I bought this thing about this same time last year. I've ran it maybe a full 3 hours over the year. I was using it today it sputtered a bit then died. Checked the fuel it was empty, filled it and started it up. About 3 to 5 mins later it quit so I said let me check the oil and it was bone dry. Can I possible fix this engine? It seems to be locked up and won't turn with by pull cord. If anyone has an idea or information that can help me please share.

Thanks!

Sounds like you trashed the engine. Find a shop to rebuild or else replace it

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kind of surprised it didn't have a low oil shut off. And no oil after 3 hrs run time is strange too. I'd buy a new washer and save the pump off the old one, those pumps have a short life sometimes. The hose could be connected to the new oneCou too for extra length. Couple dollars for a coupling.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you ever put oil in it ?
They are only shipped with enough oil to prevent the contact surfaces from siezing during transport.
If that is the case, engine will most likely be toast but you will need to pull the engine off and pull it down to be sure.
From memory the GVC series uses a one piece crank case & barrel so if either of the ends of the crak, or the bore are bad the only salvagable part will be the head magneto & carb.

Romore

Threads
Expensive lesson. For the cost of a replacement engine you can buy a new unit. Don't bother rebuilding.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you ever put oil in it ?
They are only shipped with enough oil to prevent the contact surfaces from siezing during transport.
If that is the case, engine will most likely be toast but you will need to pull the engine off and pull it down to be sure.
From memory the GVC series uses a one piece crank case & barrel so if either of the ends of the crak, or the bore are bad the only salvagable part will be the head magneto & carb.

Carb and magneto only. the head is part of the upper half of the block on the GCV series. The GC and GCV series is the OHC engine with the wet timing belt.