John Deere Z335E vs JD X330 Which one?

bh1971

Threads
Im getting a new mower and thought i had it narrowed down to the JD X330 or X350. Ive been wandering about the Zero Turns lately. I have a 3/8 acre flat yard. I know nothing about ZTRs. Will they last as long, how durable are they-engine, transmission and frame? Are they as comfortable? Are they difficult to learn to drive without tearing yard up? The Z335E is close to same price as X330.

All opinions and advice welcome, im headed to the JD dealer tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks

gotomow

Threads
I'd go with the Kawasaki powered X350 over the X330. The Kaw is quieter and smoother IMHO. As far as a ZTR, I suggest you get on one and try it out. All three are overkill for your yard. Much like the X240 is overkill for mine, lol. JD is offering $200 off on most of the X series currently. Take a close look at the warranties for the X vs ZTR and I think you will find a big difference in that respect.

cruzenmike

Threads
Im getting a new mower and thought i had it narrowed down to the JD X330 or X350. Ive been wandering about the Zero Turns lately. I have a 3/8 acre flat yard. I know nothing about ZTRs. Will they last as long, how durable are they-engine, transmission and frame? Are they as comfortable? Are they difficult to learn to drive without tearing yard up? The Z335E is close to same price as X330.

All opinions and advice welcome, im headed to the JD dealer tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks

It sounds like you are not sure what you really want. In your other post you are so certain that the s240 is what you want but most people are recommending you go with the X series. Now you're considering a 355E which is one of the residential grade zero turns and quite honestly one of the lesser quality models considering the other brands out there that are offered at the same price. for example if you were going to go based on price alone you would have the Cub cadet Ultima series and the Toro SS TimeCutter series which I believe both to be better mowers than the John Deere. It sounds like you are quite certain that you want a John Deere at this point you just need to decide whether you want sticks or a steering wheel and pedals for controls. Once you decide what type you want to choose the 335 or the s240. at the end of the day most would probably agree that the Kawasaki engine in the s240 or the x-series is going to be a better engine than the Briggs that's in the 335.