Cub RZT starting issue!

gedmo

Forum Newbie
Threads
As we neared the end of the season, noticed my Cub 23 hp getting a little iffy when starting. As normal, I start the mower about once a month during the off season & let it idle 5-10 minutes, charging b attery, keeping everything lubed. After one month idle, the mower refused to start. Had switched to ethanol free gas the last coupld of months of the season. Changed the oil, filter, cleaned & replaced paper filter, etc., as well as a new fuel filter. No start! Sprayed about an ounce of gas in the carb, she fires right up. Ran fine for about 10 minutes, until parked. One month later, same problem. Again, sprayed a little fuel in the carb, started right up, ran fine. Fuel filter does not appear to be full, or even half-full, of gas. Any ideas? Does this animal have a fuel pump that I'm not aware of? Starting attempts were all with full choke.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Some of the newer engines don't like to start in cool or cold weather so that could be related to your issues. I would make sure the choke is actually closing all the way. On some of the single throttle/choke control cable setups it doesn't take much slippage in that cable position on the engine end to prevent the choke from fully closing.