HU725AWDHQ cutting height issue

Peen

Threads
I just bought a brand new HU725AWDHQ from vminnovations for $200 shipped. Hell of a deal, except I can't seem to get more then 3.5" from ground to cutting edge. It's advertised at 4.02" but even at max, it's a half inch off. I like to cut at 4" and do that with my other Honda mower.

I talked to Husqvarna and they recommend I take to dealer, but doesn't make sense. Nothing visually looks wrong.

Anyone else have similar issue? Hasn't cut a blade of grass yet. Thinking it's just faulty specs. Pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0756.jpg
    IMG_0756.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just bought a brand new HU725AWDHQ from vminnovations for $200 shipped. Hell of a deal, except I can't seem to get more then 3.5" from ground to cutting edge. It's advertised at 4.02" but even at max, it's a half inch off. I like to cut at 4" and do that with my other Honda mower.

I talked to Husqvarna and they recommend I take to dealer, but doesn't make sense. Nothing visually looks wrong.

Anyone else have similar issue? Hasn't cut a blade of grass yet. Thinking it's just faulty specs. Pics attached.

Are you measuring from the blade to the ground or the deck to the ground?

Peen

Threads
Are you measuring from the blade to the ground or the deck to the ground?

Yes. I'm measuring frame ground to blade cutting edge through side clipping cover in garage.

Unless putting clips above notches is how they measure? If I put above "9" it measures exactly 4". Doesn't seem right though, since a wheel could probably come out of level easily since it's not in a notch. Pic attached of what I mean.

Attachments

• IMG_0759.jpg
    IMG_0759.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like you have 4 options.
1. Return unit and hope the new one is correct.
2. Send to repair shop and hope they can fix it.
3. Take it apart and see if it was put together right.
4. Drill a hole for the 4" mark.

My personal course of action would be number 3 then number 4 if 3 was correct

Bob E

Threads
Same deal with my poulan pro riding mower. Advertised as 4" only goes up to 3.5". :thumbdown: