Scag 2011 Turf tiger wont start

rolltide91@

Forum Newbie
Threads
First time poster ...

I have 2011 72" scag turf tiger Kawasaki motor that wont start. I have checked all of the safety switches and put meter to the solenoid. I get plenty of juice from the battery but while attempting to crank the motor with switch in the start position I only get .06 reading on the meter. I have been able to jump across and get it started with the old screw driver routine. Is the solenoid my problem? I have seen and read many posts about a relay and control module as possible suspects. My issue is I have to rent a trailer if needed to take this beast in to have someone with more technical knowledge to look at it. I think I can handle replacing the solenoid but little unsure on the difficulties of trouble shooting the relays and everything else. I guess replacing the solenoid and module might be cheaper then renting a trailer and driving 40 minutes to the nearest dealer.. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Jump from the hot terminal on the solenoid to the trigger terminal on the solenoid.
If the starter cranks the solenoid is fine.
If it does not the solenoid is toast.

rolltide91@

Forum Newbie
Threads
It cranks over .. I guess maybe the relay or control module is next to check

Honda Tech

Threads
First, check the fuse and make sure you have continuity on both sides of the fuse holder.

The relay in question is located under the dash panel. When you remove it, you may notice an abundance of dielectric grease. Remove all excess grease, leave just a film of grease on the connector and replace the relay. This is more common than the control module, but the only known way to test the control module is by installing a known good control module. If it works, then yours is bad.

Good Luck!

Luffydog

Threads
Without testing I would say pto switch

Luffydog

Threads
There is tests for all interlock mod. Even the box