2019 ZT XD buying advice.

Ken_C

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m buying a 2019 Gravely ZT XD 52” or 60” 23hp kawasaki this week and I’m looking for some buying advice.
From what I read it seems one of the biggest issues on the 2017 – 2018 ZT XD models is the deck vibration. If I remember correctly this issue is not necessarily seen until a few hours of mowing. Has anyone seen the vibration issues on the 2019 ZT XD 52” or 60” models?

cruzenmike

Threads
You are obviously concerned about this potential problem. Do yourself a favor and cross shop the closest mower in price and/or specs and then once you find that model do an online search of problems with that model; I am sure you will find something unnerving with that model as well. While some models are more prone to a certain type of problem, what always stands true is that unhappy customers are 10x more likely to share their bad experience than a satisfied customer with their good one.

I know absolutely nothing about this issue and if a handful of people reported the problem it does not speak for the thousands of units they sell each year. The best thing you can do it have the dealer run through the mower with you before picking up and make sure that it runs to your liking. I believe that the Gravely comes with a 4 year warranty, so as long as you can prove that a defect has occurred that is not the result of your negligence or abuse, I would think that you would be okay. Just establish a good relationship with your dealer and maintain the mower as recommended.

If all of this still doesn't sit well, start looking at something else.