Steiner 420 Kubota WG600 gas

DillonM

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm in a crazy position. Without getting too much into it or revealing too much, I'm a first year assistant superintendent and mechanic at a golf course not open to golfers. We have some old equipment that hasnt been maintained in quite a while. One thing is the Steiner 420 with blower attatchment. We also have a Steiner 430 Max with mower attatchment.

Don't need the mower so trying to get the blower up and running. I've been doing basic car repairs over the past few years on my own cars but never worked on mowers before so my knowledge comes from manuals, google and youtube :laughing:

1- is there a manual for these mowers and engine?

2- how do you service the Steiner trans hydro fluid, is there a drain plug/ fill cap?

3...I'm pretty sure i started draining the oil. It was a square plug underneath the engine in a hole in the frame, sockets wouldn't work so i used a 1/2 extension drive connected to vice grips. The attatched image is what came out :anyone:
I've done head gaskets on cars so i can't imagine its that much more difficult on this small engine. I just need to know if it WAS the oil i drained :wink: Also yes even with whatever that is, the mower still run if a little rough, its trying to survive so I'd like to keep it up lol

If its a lost cause, can i switch the blower attatchment to the 430 MAX? Remember I'm at a golf course that's bringing in no profit so my budget is Veeeery limited lol.

Attachments

• 000000.jpg
    000000.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 6

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You have a blown head gasket or intake manifold gasket. That engine is just like a car engine so you can work on it. I will look for a manual but do not count on it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
By the way, your model number is 420G.

DillonM

Forum Newbie
Threads
You have a blown head gasket or intake manifold gasket. That engine is just like a car engine so you can work on it. I will look for a manual but do not count on it.

Sorry for the slow reply, it was actually the hydro fluid :shocked: It was in both the front and rear, flushed the system out all good now, even runs quieter. probably hasn't been changed in years :laughing:

And thanks for the link, but its not a diesel