48 inch raptor tires

sleeper bird

Forum Newbie
Threads
iv got a 2018 raptor sd 48 inch,great so far but iv never owned a zero turn that gets stuck so easily,does anyone know a source for more aggressive tires?

clubairth

Threads
Well the trade off is tearing up the turf with more aggressive treads. These are powerful machines and will easily spin the tires in a split second.
A ZT is NOT a lawn tractor and is poor on hills and ditches. But it flat out mows anything else!
If hills are your problem you might try to mow sideways rather than up and down the hill.

So you pays your money and takes your chances.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Drop your rear tyre pressure a pound or two,
Grip changes drastically with the pressure.
There are a lot of different tyres.
Just do a search
Mower tyres are usually sized thus
Overall diameter x width x rim diameter

If you search the size you will come up with all the alternatives
The Stens web page is a good place to start.
Left click on the "More" button to bring up the details so you can compare .
Square shouldered tyres grip best but will tear up your lawn if you are not very careful in turns.

If by slipping, you mean wheel spinning, you can add wheel weights

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Might need to drop tire pressure by more than a pound or 2. It's fairly common for dealers not to bother dropping tire pressure down from shipping pressures. One of my mowers came that way and the dealer's excuse was that some people like them that way because it makes the machine go faster.

But the point that was made remains, check your tire pressures.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Son has a ZT that had grip problems in his yard. He got a pair of off road 4 wheeler tires, same size, much different tread. But they are pretty aggressive and makes it kind of tricky to run the machine, but really good grip.

sleeper bird

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies,guess i never thought to check tire pressure due to it being pretty new,i will start there and see what i get.

Mr. Mower

Threads
Very well stated.....:thumbsup:

Well the trade off is tearing up the turf with more aggressive treads. These are powerful machines and will easily spin the tires in a split second.
A ZT is NOT a lawn tractor and is poor on hills and ditches. But it flat out mows anything else!
If hills are your problem you might try to mow sideways rather than up and down the hill.

So you pays your money and takes your chances.