John Deere L110

Reeder18

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere L 110 that won't pull up a small hill in my yard, does the L 110 have a sealed transmission? I can't find anywhere tok put any transmission fluid. Any help will be appreciated.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tuff Torq K46 on that whole series I believe. Sealed unit but can be serviced if removed. Detailed procedure can be found online. How many hours on the machine?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Those trannies seem to be good for around 1000 hours.
Some times an oil change to 20w50 fully synthetic oil can add another few hundred hours but will wear the unit beyond economic repair.
However before you pull the trans , try pushing the unit on the ground.
If it pushes relatively easily the the trans is shot
I use a tilting trailer.
If a mower rolls off the trailer the trans is shot, if I have to pull it down hill the trans is fine,

A duff pulley or worn belt can also cause the trans to slip under extra load so start by either testing on a hill or get under the mower & check the belt & pullys.

Reeder18

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have changed pulleys and doesn't help and it doesn't roll easy down my trailer. I haven't changed the oil yet for this mowing season. It has about 750-800 hrs on the mower.

Reeder18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tuff Torq K46 on that whole series I believe. Sealed unit but can be serviced if removed. Detailed procedure can be found online. How many hours on the machine?

Between 750-800 hrs

icon2000

Threads
Between 750-800 hrs

Wow good to see someone else with high hours on their L110. I just brought one from CL with 900 hours with the Kholer 17.5 Command. Guy said he serviced the transmission around 800 hours. It still runs great so far and for the age its in fairly good condition no rust on body or deck. Hope your problem gets resolved soon, Keep us posted.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I try to convince the customers to get their tranny oil changed every 5 years.
This is really important on the trannies where the brake is inside the trans.
Debris from the brake causes abrasive wear inside the box.

Because of this, it is very variable.
identical mowers on identical yards will give very different service lives depending upon brake use alone.