Service Manual for a Viking MB650VR

Viking650

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum.

I have a VIKING MB650VR lawnmower (made by STIHL)

The gearbox has failed and I would like to replace it myself.

Does anybody know how I can get a repair / service manual?

Thankyou

Peter

Viking650

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks - I’ve emailed them so we’ll see if they can supply one.

Can I only get Stihl spares through a Stihl agent?

Peter

mistermowerman

Threads
Hello, a gearbox should be available through a Stihl dealer. remember to replace the belt at the same time as they wear out after a year or so. As far as a workshop manual is concerned Stihl more than likely will not make one available but to replace the gearbox is a fiddly but not a difficult job where you take the roller assembly out with the gearbox.Gary

Viking650

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, a gearbox should be available through a Stihl dealer. remember to replace the belt at the same time as they wear out after a year or so. As far as a workshop manual is concerned Stihl more than likely will not make one available but to replace the gearbox is a fiddly but not a difficult job where you take the roller assembly out with the gearbox.Gary

Thanks for the advice

I have purchased a new gearbox and having taken the old one off, I know what you mean about ‘fiddly’

I used to work for Kärcher and we used to make all our workshop manuals freely available to anyone. I don’t understand all the secrecy with Stihl

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To protect the dealers from competition.
Karcher is available from any corner store, Stihl only comes form Stihl dealers who pay dearly to remain part of the franchise.