wired tach to tractor motor

Pumper54

Threads
I am not an expert on vehicle electronics but the way I understand it is that if you use a tach made for multi cylinder engines on a single it will read double the RPM hence your reading of 6000 RPM when you are looking for 3000 RPM.
As a side note the PDF link you posted is to car electrical diagrams and not a SeaDoo.
Tom

JAYJAY

Threads
I am not an expert on vehicle electronics but the way I understand it is that if you use a tach made for multi cylinder engines on a single it will read double the RPM hence your reading of 6000 RPM when you are looking for 3000 RPM.
As a side note the PDF link you posted is to car electrical diagrams and not a SeaDoo.
Tom

thats what im thinking is 2 cylinder
the pdf i post its for safari ski doo wiring diagram. the tach come from a safari

Pumper54

Threads
"the pdf i post its for safari ski doo wiring diagram. the tach come from a safari "
Oh my bad I thought that was for cars. Like I said before I know nothing about Ski doos or other powered watercraft. Hope you get it figured out
Tom

Hitechluddite

Threads
My guess is that the Skidoo was a twin cylinder and computed Rev on the firing stroke, since you have a single cylinder every stroke is a firing stroke...

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
hi there

Does anymore had wired a tach to a lawnmower tractor?
I bought one from a ski doo and it only have 2 wire for the signal and 2 wire for the light.
here's a picture.
IF someone can help me
thank you

Did you try hollering at it?