10HP briggs and stratton

Dsawyer44

Threads
I have a 10HP briggs engine on a powermate generator. It will not start when it is cold, even though i use the choke. If i put fuel into the cylinder it will start. I have always had this problem since i bought it. I bought it used so i do not know how old it is. It has a 19G412 model engine. I have cleaned the carb several times and finally replaced the carb with a new one. It has a fuel pump even though the fuel tank is higher than the engine. Can the fuel pump keep it from starting?
Can i just eliminate the fues pump? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
if it starts and runs after priming with fuel I would say it isn't a fuel pump problem. I would be looking at the choke to make sure it is closing properly. Also there have been cases on some engines where there were too many holes in the choke plate that results in the choke not restricting the air enough to allow reliable starting in cold weather.

Mkala

Threads
Some engines have a choke plate that let pass too much air for cold weather I think too... I imagine they to this to avoid flooding with less experimented people using it.

I know this is not the same engine, but on a chinese clone I ended doing an aluminum custom choke plate, that helped a lot to start when freezing and under :
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiKUhHXlI-h/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Dsawyer44

Threads
if it starts and runs after priming with fuel I would say it isn't a fuel pump problem. I would be looking at the choke to make sure it is closing properly. Also there have been cases on some engines where there were too many holes in the choke plate that results in the choke not restricting the air enough to allow reliable starting in cold weather.
Thanks for all your help.

Dsawyer44

Threads