The engine wii eventually start.
New style engine to me no choke?

So not sure if installer chose wrong engine
Or I got the engine from the devil
Thoughts

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
How about supplying is with the model numbers from the engine so we can see what you are dealing with. Could be several variables involved so knowing basic information can speed up finding out the issue.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe replaced a heavy flywheel engine with a standard lightweight type engine. Is this a vertical engine?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe replaced a heavy flywheel engine with a standard lightweight type engine. Is this a vertical engine?

I was thinking the same thing which is the reason I asked for the model number, because that could only be one of the possible issues.

Rickhise

Forum Newbie
Threads

Yes vertical

While I have you should I have to go back an
Replace the new motor. What should I look for
In a motor for a splitter beside hp, an vertical shaft

Rickhise

Forum Newbie
Threads
How about supplying is with the model numbers from the engine so we can see what you are dealing with. Could be several variables involved so knowing basic information can speed up finding out the issue.

18 03065876693

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
18 03065876693

That looks like the engine serial number. What I am looking for will be in the format of xxxxxx xxxx-xx and then next to it will be 18030658 . The numbers I am looking for will be stamped in to the valve cover, or could be stamped into the side of the block. or there are a couple of other locations, but they will be stamped numbers.

I suspect that the new engine is set up for push mower type applications which have an aluminum lightweight flywheel. Whereas the engine that you need and what was probably on your splitter was the heavy cast iron flywheel. Some of those engines can be switched to the heavy flywheel easily without having to replace the entire engine.

Rickhise

Forum Newbie
Threads
That looks like the engine serial number. What I am looking for will be in the format of xxxxxx xxxx-xx and then next to it will be 18030658 . The numbers I am looking for will be stamped in to the valve cover, or could be stamped into the side of the block. or there are a couple of other locations, but they will be stamped numbers.

I suspect that the new engine is set up for push mower type applications which have an aluminum lightweight flywheel. Whereas the engine that you need and what was probably on your splitter was the heavy cast iron flywheel. Some of those engines can be switched to the heavy flywheel easily without having to replace the entire engine.

Sounds like possiblity all I have is the number listed above
Do I call Briggs to see if a steel fly wheel
Is doable fix

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A photo of the engine would help.
We get both the US & Chinese Briggs down here,
Th Chinese ones have their number electro etched into the crankcase behind the carb or just to the left of the carb and is very hard to find let alone read.
New they have a couple of stickers which you are supposed to remove & stick in your manual and f you don't they fall off the first time the mower is used.
US made engines still have a mechanical stamp