help with 54" husky steering gear?

beachbumtroy

Threads
At least look at this pic....
ok fish, i looked at pic sorry it took so long for me to get back to u the pic is accurate for what u are saying............... but it is not accurate for what i `am talking about i`ll try and post pix of my mower but keep ur ideas coming
cause this is going to be a bear :) thnx

Attachments

• left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 3
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2

beachbumtroy

Threads
Re: help with 54" husky steering gear? OK ALL FIXED

ok guys never did find a manual but with ur help and suggestions, i figured it out turns out, had to use impact to get bolt out of crankshaft to get electric mag off, slid the motor forward and had to cut out a hunk of metal still to get to the 1 bolt that was partially covered by the electric mag,couldnt get a socket or wrench on it without cutting the metal away, did that and got the big gear off,replaced it with 1 ordered along with new small gear and bushings,put it all back together bolted motor in put electric mag back on and LIKE A DUMMIE PUT BOLT BACK IN AND USED IMPACT TO TIGHTEN DOWN AND
SNAPPPPPPPPPPP went the bolt lol....after crying for an hour drilled a hole in bolt and used an easy out came right out luckily,went to rural king got new bolt and tightened down with a ratchet this time and alls well
got 3 more riders im sure will need work soon. thnx bb

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If your problem is getting a wrench on the top locknuts to remove the assembly, then yes, you will have to raise the fender/wheel well assy. and have to remove the seat to do this.

Fish the nut you are thinking about is the one for the double pulley pivot under the frame. You have to remove the seat, fenders, and pedals to get to that nut. On some of the early models you could access that nut from under the fuel tank but then they moved the nut back about an inch requirement the fenders to be removed.

I have slid a 9/16 box end wrench up into that cavity between the pto and the frame to got onto those nuts but in the end is just easier to remove that plate that the steering is attached to.